• Must have excellent written and spoken English language and communications skills.
• Proficient organizational, analytical and time management skills.
• Proficient computer skills, including spread sheet formats, such as Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent math skills.
• Ability to read and understand detailed engineering drawings.
• Knowledge of refractory products and characteristics of refractory, including pre-cast of refractory shapes is preferred. (Knowledge of concrete casting and estimating is similar and applicable.)
• Must present one’s self in a professional manner, and have excellent communications skills, with ability to meet face to face with co-workers, managers, and customers.
• Must have a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and willingness to multitask
• Must be a self-starter and willing to prioritize and assist in project management as required.
• Experience in engineering, design, CAD software knowledge and drafting skills desired.
• Prepares cost estimates for price quotations of new and redesigned precast shapes for manufacture. A typical estimate may include: analyzing drawings, creating part lists, calculating volumes, submitting RFQ for outsourced work, and analyzing other associated information to provide lead time and cost estimates in response to customer requests.
• Revises cost data contingent upon modifications to shapes and/or process along with other factors.
• Source and select suppliers for materials, hardware and supplies. This would include developing estimates for special processes, testing and tooling needed.
• Develops and maintains estimating tools (e.g. – excel spreadsheets) to help with both accuracy and turnaround time of the quotation.
• Reviews previous quotations for accuracy by comparing to actual production, to maintain and improve estimating tools.
• Reviews historical data and suggest process improvements to minimize costs and maximize revenue on future bids.
• Works in conjunction with the Precast shapes production team to understand process and maximize efficiency in the costing of shapes.
• Communicate and work closely with company Engineering group as projects requirement dictate.
Negotiable, depending on experience